Curly kale and chopped green cabbage serve as the crunchy base for this copycat Chick-fil-A kale salad recipe. Topped with crunchy almonds and a maple Dijon mustard vinaigrette, this superfood salad comes together super quickly and is the perfect healthy side with a totally addicting dressing.
Chick-fil-A is a guilty pleasure around here. When my boys were little, it was often the only semblance of a “date night” we could get….with the play place as a babysitter while my husband and I got to sit and chat for at least a few minutes without interruptions.
Another thing that makes Chick-fil-A stand out among other fast food restaurants is there are several options to help make your meal healthier. This kale crunch side salad is one of them!
This salad tastes so incredible that you’ll hardly believe it’s chockful of so many superfoods! Kale is one of the top sources of carotenoids and green cabbage is also loaded with antioxidants. Olive oil and almonds are loaded with healthy fats…I mean, how can you go wrong?
The best part of this salad is the addicting dressing. It is so good. So many rich ingredients perfectly sweetened with maple syrup..it’s just the best!
This copycat recipe is fun to make at home any time, but it especially goes great with copycat Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches.
To make this Chick fil A kale crunch salad recipe, you need the following simple ingredients:
- Kale & Green Cabbage – These greens serve as the main ingredients. You can buy them prechopped or whole and chop them yourself. Baby kale is also an option.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This delicious oil is the base of our salad dressing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, & Dijon Mustard- These ingredients add tang, acidity, depth, & freshness.
- Pure Maple Syrup – This sweetens our dressing, and the maple flavoring complements everything beautifully.
- Garlic – I like to use 1 clove and grate it into the dressing. Alternatively, you can use 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Salt & Pepper
- Sliced Almonds – For garnish.
- Ground Cayenne Pepper- This is optional, and I recommend just a pinch if using it. I love the touch of heat it brings!
To make this superfood side salad, follow the simple steps below:
1. Prep Greens
If not yet pre-chopped and shredded, chop the fresh kale into bite-sized pieces (8 cups worth) and thinly slice the green cabbage (3 cups worth). Add greens to a large bowl.
2. Make Dressing
Into a small mason jar, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and a pinch of cayenne if using (skip cayenne if you don’t want any heat in the dressing).
Use a grater to grate the garlic clove into the jar.
Place a lid on the jar and shake vigorously for best results. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients in a small bowl and use a small whisk to combine.
3. Massage Greens
Pour the dressing over the greens. Use your hands to gently massage the greens until they start to soften.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sliced almonds across the top, and this delicious salad is ready to serve!
Tips & Variations
This copycat recipe tries to stay pretty true to the Chick-fil-A version. However, feel free to add ingredients to suit your personal preferences!
Dried sour cherries would be an excellent addition, as would some sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds. If you want a pop of color, you could swap in red cabbage.
You could also add a touch of cinnamon to the maple vinaigrette dressing instead of cayenne if you prefer to emphasize the sweetness.
Want to try a different take on a kale salad? Try my Pomegranate-Kale Winter Salad recipe.
How about another cabbage salad? My Turkish Red Cabbage Salad is super easy!
Grilled chicken breasts are also a great choice.
This recipe makes 8 servings. For one serving of this recipe, the nutritional info is as follows:
- Calories: 128
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbs: 10 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
Store leftovers in an airtight container. This salad is best eaten within 2-3 days.
The kale crunch salad is made with kale, green cabbage, and almonds with an apple-maple-flavored dijon vinaigrette.
This Chick-fil-A kale salad copycat recipe is made with simple, wholesome ingredients and packed with tons of nutrients. Yes, it’s a healthy salad and you can feel great about eating it!
What Do You Think?
This kale crunch salad is SO delicious. If you try it, please leave a comment and review! It means the world!
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pinch cayenne powder, optional for a bit of heat!
- If not yet pre-chopped and shredded, chop kale into bite-sized pieces (8 cups worth) and thinly slice the green cabbage (3 cups worth). Add greens to a large bowl.8 cups chopped kale, 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- Into a small jar, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and a pinch of cayenne if using (skip cayenne if you don't want any heat in the dressing). Use a grater to grate the garlic clove into the jar. Place a lid on the jar and shake vigorously. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients in a small bowl and use a small whisk to combine.1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 pinch cayenne powder, optional for a bit of heat!, 1 clove garlic
- Pour the dressing over the greens. Use your hands to gently massage the greens until they start to soften.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sliced almonds across the top of the salad and serve!1/4 cup sliced almonds